2020 Consumer Holiday Shopping Plans
BlackFriday.com and SurveyGizmo surveyed 1,000 American consumers who planned to shop between September and Cyber Monday about their holiday shopping plans.
Here are the results:
- More plan to shop on Cyber Monday (30%) than on Black Friday (24%) this year,
- 18% will shop on Small Business Saturday,
- 15% will spend on Thanksgiving week, and
- 13% plan to shop pre-Black Friday, from September to mid-November.
Some addition insights from the survey:
- Holiday season 2020 will see a curbside pickup surge: Half of consumers say they’ll use it more this year than last year.
- One in three shoppers will start their holiday shopping earlier this year.
- Most consumers aren’t concerned about shipping delays (but with Trump screwing with the postal service, perhaps they should be).
- Most (84%) of the shoppers surveyed said that COVID-19 will directly impact at least one aspect of their holiday shopping behavior.
Top 2020 Holiday Shopping List Categories
Clothing tops the list of shopping items this holiday season, with 50% citing that item. Other categories include:
- Home Goods/Smart Home Devices – 39%
- Toys – 21%
- Tablets/Laptops/PCs – 20%
- Televisions – 17%
- Gaming Consoles/Video Games – 16%
Read the rest at BlackFriday.com.
Leave a Comment