Aggregage, Inc., the publisher of B2B Marketing Zone and more than 40 other B2B publications, surveyed more than 450 B2B marketing professionals about how they expect to adjust their marketing plans because of the pandemic.
The findings include:
- 72% project overall 2020 B2B marketing budgets will increase, stay the same, or only be cut moderately (by less than 20%).
- 70% will cancel all or some live events for the next 60 days, and nearly 25% plan to cancel some or all live events for the next six months.
- 65% plan to reallocate some or most of their live event budgets to online events, such as webinars.
- Top spending categories, for those planning to reallocate live event budgets, are
- content creation,
- hosted and sponsored webinars,
- social media marketing,
- search engine optimization, and
- industry vertical lead generation programs.
- Software and healthcare marketers appear best positioned to maintain marketing spending and activity, while those in manufacturing and business services are feeling the largest impact.
Get the full White Paper [PDF].