Marketing Reports, Surveys & Polls For March, 2019
Here’s a round-up of the marketing reports we’ve been tracking this month:
- Marketing Dive – Amazon’s ad business growth outpaces Google’s globally, e-tailer dominates voice
- Marketing Land – Retailers spent nearly 50% of mobile ad dollars in second half of 2018
- eMarketer – US Advertisers Still Eager to Target at Scale with Duopoly
- Marketing Charts – Video Ad Viewability Update 2018: Benchmarks Across Countries & Devices
- YouGov – Advertisers have paths for reaching both on-demand and live TV viewers
- eMarketer – Advertisers Spend More on Native, but Favor the Same Formats
- Magellan – 4 out of 10 advertisers on the IAB’s Direct Brands To Watch have tested podcast ads
- eMarketer – Hulu’s Price Cut Will Boost Ad Revenues
- Marketing Charts – Top Digital Ad Industry Opportunities and Threats in 2019
- eMarketer – Who Cares About Brand Safety?
- Marketing Charts – These Were 2018’s Top Brands for Ad Awareness
- eMarketer – Social Video Ad Spending Will Grow 44% by 2021
- Marketing Charts – Auto Industry Still Heavily Invested in TV for Advertising
- eMarketer – US Esports Ad Revenues Will Grow 25% in 2019
- Marketing Charts – Forecast: Digital To Top Traditional Media In US Ad Spend This Year
- eMarketer – Will Ad Measurement Challenges Stifle OTT Growth?
- Marketing Charts – W-O-M: Which Paid Media Are Driving Consumer Conversations About Brands?
- eMarketer – How Data Science Is Changing Marketing Attribution
- Marketing Charts – US CMOs’ Use Of Marketing Analytics Reaches A New High Point
- eMarketer – Why Is Mobile App Ad Viewability So Hard To Measure?
- Marketing Charts – Cross-Channel Measurement and Attribution to Keep Marketers Busy in 2019
- eMarketer – Fewer than 10% of US Marketers Think Their Company’s Attribution Knowledge Is Excellent
- eMarketer – Making Marketing Attribution Work Means Choosing the Right Metrics
- Vox – A new study finds a potential risk with self-driving cars: failure to detect dark-skinned pedestrians
- Marketing Charts – CMOs’ Top Uses For AI: Personalization and Predictive Analytics
- The Next Web – 1.8M Chinese women deemed ‘BreedReady’ by creepy new database
- Marketing Charts – Milestone: More Than Half of the US Population Has Listened to a Podcast
- New York Times – Podcast Growth Is Popping in the U.S., Survey Shows
- Marketing Land – Report: 65 million US smart speaker owners, smart displays quickly gaining traction
- 9to5Mac – IDC: Smart home market to grow 27% in 2019, Apple to continue gaining traction
- eMarketer – Spotify to Surpass Pandora Listeners by 2021, Sooner Than Expected
- Marketing Charts – Smart Speaker Ownership Continues to Climb
- Statista – The Steady Rise of Podcasts
- Search Engine Land – Report: 65 million US smart speaker owners, smart displays quickly gaining traction
- eMarketer – Amazon Music Will Be the Fastest-Growing Audio Streaming Service This Year
- Search Engine Land – Survey finds Google Home users do more, have ‘far higher’ satisfaction than Alexa owners
- DigitalNewsDaily – Kantar Data Reveals Behavior Patterns Of Amazon, Google Smart Speaker Owners
- Statista – Radio Still Rules The Road
- eMarketer – Apple Music Continues to Grow, Should Marketers Be Worried?
- Search Engine Land – Study: Brands are failing voice search optimization in 3 key areas
- Marketing Charts – Streaming Now Accounts for Three-Quarters of US Recorded Music Revenue
- MarketingProfs – Why Testimonials Are B2B Companies’ Most Important Marketing Tool
- Marketing Charts – Four B2B Marketing Trends to Watch in 2019
- Marketing Dive – Pressure to take a stand on values extends to B2B companies, study finds
- MarketingProfs – B2B Tech Marketing in 2019: Budget, Content, and Strategy Trends
- Marketing Charts – Most B2B Buyers Admit to Postponing Purchases. How Should Vendors Respond?
- Demand Gen Report – More B2B Brands Investing In E-Commerce Platforms To Fuel Sales And Provide Frictionless Customer Experience
- eMarketer – Data Managers Feel Overwhelmed by Abundance of Tools
- Marketing Charts – 3 in 4 Companies Report ROI From Personalization. What Data Sources Are Being Used?
- eMarketer – Data Science Is in Demand at Ad Agencies
- Axios – The most popular companies in America, ranked by partisan leaning
- Marketing Charts – These Are the Brands with the Best Impression Among US Women
- Yahoo! Finance – LinkedIn Report: Workers threatened by automation shift their skills to become drivers, electricians
- eMarketer – Where and How Americans Share Content [PODCAST]
- The Motley Fool – This Is What the Average American Spends in a Day
- Statista – America’s Love Affair With Plastic Surgery
- YouGov – 61% of women regularly take steps to avoid being sexually assaulted
- eMarketer – Netflix Password Sharing: The Art of the Mooch [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – W-O-M’s A Key Factor Influencing Streaming Content Consumption Choices
- eMarketer – Looking for a New Product? You Probably Searched Amazon
- Vox – New survey shows Americans are unhappier than they’ve been in years
- Statista – More Americans Are Saving Their Tax Refund
- eMarketer – Value for Their Money Keeps Shoppers Coming Back
- Marketing Charts – Consumers Point to Facebook As Their Top Digital Channel for Discovering New Brands
- World Economic Forum – There are more than 1 billion guns in the world and this is who owns them
- Marketing Charts – Marketers’ Single Biggest Opportunity? Look to Customer Experience and Data
- Axios – Americans agree on something: The future looks grim
- Pew Research – What Americans Know About Science
- Marketing Charts – Study: Brands Lack the Meaningfulness Consumers Desire
- CNBC – Americans are more confident about saving for retirement, but they’re still worried
- Marketing Charts – Why Do Companies Pursue a Single Customer View?
- Ipsos – Americans Are United on Climate Solutions
- eMarketer – What a Difference an ‘E’ Makes
- Statista – Which Is the Bigger Issue: Over-Regulation or Inequality?
- Morning Consult – Most Adults Sour on Carlson’s Show After Hearing Radio Remarks
- Ipsos – IWD2019: Women in Society today
- eMarketer – Do People Actually Want Personalized Ads?
- Statista – What People Find Distracting at Work
- Morning Consult – As Late-Night Hosts Get Political, Audiences Get Divided
- Ipsos – Views on Aging
- eMarketer – Facial Recognition Brings Opportunity … and Privacy Concerns
- Pew Research – The Narrowing, but Persistent, Gender Gap in Pay
- Morning Consult – Majority of Voters Want Congress to Make Tech Regulation a Priority
- Ipsos – Six Conceptions of Nationality – A Global Segmentation Based on Inclusiveness
- eMarketer – Consumers Agree: In-Store Checkout Needs to Be Quick and Easy
- Morning Consult – Spotify, Hulu Cut Their Bundle to $9.99, but Consumers Say They Would Pay a Lot More
- Ipsos – Consumer Confidence March 2019
- Social Media Today – Facebook Highlights Evolving Topics of Conversation in Latest ‘Topics to Watch’ Report
- Statista – Video Wins Subscribers, Can News Do the Same?
- EmailInsider – When Content Tanks: Brands Lack Faith In Their Efforts, Study Shows
- Mareting Dive – Study: 75% of consumers want more rewarded content like videos, surveys
- eMarketer – Amazon’s New Grocery Chain Shakes Up the Dynamics in Grocery Ecommerce
- Marketing Charts – These Are 2019’s Top US Retailers by E-Commerce Sales Share
- Statista – Amazon’s Escalating Logistics Costs
- eMarketer – The Evolution of Social Commerce [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – Amazon Cedes E-Commerce Customer Satisfaction Crown
- Marketing Charts – How Long Is Your Autoresponder Cycle?
- EmailMarketingDaily – Consumers Would Want To Be Paid $8,414 To Give Up Email For A Year: Study
- Marketing Charts – Here’s How Marketers Fared in 2018 in the Metrics That Impact Email Deliverability
- Marketing Charts – What’s The Half Life of A Marketing Email?
- Pew Research – Latinos’ Incomes Higher Than Before Great Recession, but U.S.-Born Latinos Yet to Recover
- Morning Consult – Racial Divides Persist on Compensation for Student-Athletes
- Pew Research – Science knowledge varies by race and ethnicity in U.S.
- Forbes – Gen Z: We Expect To Be Promoted Within 12 Months
- Business Insider – Today’s managers ‘blew it’ with millennials, college professor says, and here’s how we can avoid doing it again with Generation Z
- NBC News – Despite social media, Generation Z, Millennials report feeling lonely
- Fortune – Gen X, Millennials, and Generation Z All Want to Legalize Marijuana. The Boomers? Nope
- Washington Post – Millennials Really Are Special
- CNBC – Irish whiskey continues to thrive in the US, thanks to millennials
- Slate – Why Are Millennials So Obsessed With How Much They Work?
- Business Insider – Millennials are $1 trillion in debt — more than any other generation in history
- Marketing Land – B2B marketers should quit treating millennials like previous generations
- eMarketer – How Many Millennials Want Digital-Only Banking?
- Marketing Charts – Marketers Spending More on Digital Ads Targeting Boomers
- eMarketer – A Place for Digital Natives to Test Brick-and-Mortar [PODCAST]
- Trust Insights – 2019 Social Media Influencer Benchmarks
- eMarketer – What Retailers Need to Know About Influencer Marketing
- Marketing Charts – Five Notes About Influencer Marketing
- eMarketer – Is Everyone on Instagram an Influencer?
- Marketing Charts – PR Pros Lean on Employees For Influencer Marketing Efforts
- eMarketer – Influencer Marketing: Stories, Fraud and Microinfluencers [PODCAST]
- Business2Community – State of the Internet Marketing Agency in 2019
- Marketing Dive – Forrester: Digital marketing spend to reach $146B by 2023, but search landscape is changing
- Marketing Charts – CMOs Upping Their Brand Investments, Seeing Payoffs
- eMarketer – Is Your Digital Transformation Headed for Failure?
- SearchMarketingDaily – Report Finds Industry Salaries Well Into Six Figures
- Marketing Charts – Global Ad Spend Expected to Rise by 4.3% This Year
- EmailMarketingDaily – Most Firms Say Their Customer Experience Needs A Boost: Study
- Statista – Amazon Captures 32% of $80 Billion Cloud Market
- Marketing Charts – How Are Marketers and In-House Creative Teams Working Together?
- AdWeek – Faced With Economic Uncertainty, Optimism Among Marketers Is at a 7-Year Low
- Statista – Venture Capital Does Not Venture Into the Midwest
- Marketing Charts – Driving Growth Is The Biggest Challenge For US CMOs
- Statista – The Richest People on Earth
- MarTech Today – Marketers less concerned about data tech, IAB annual report finds
- Marketing Charts – What Agency Services Are Client-Side Marketers Looking For?
- Statista – A Minute on the Internet in 2019
- eMarketer – Does Less TV Mean Less Brand Engagement? [PODCAST]
- Pew Research – For Local News, Americans Embrace Digital but Still Want Strong Community Connection
- Morning Consult – Horror Films Seeing Appeal Lasting Beyond Opening Weekend
- Statista – Beyond the iPhone
- AdWeek – The Colossal Amount of Time Spent Consuming Media May Finally Be Flatlining, According to Nielsen Report
- Statista – Radio Trumps TV in Terms of Weekly Reach
- eMarketer – How Apple Is Expanding Its Media Business
- Statista – Are You Not Entertained?
- CMO.com – Adobe: Mobile Is A Central Part Of Everyday Life, Study Shows
- Statista – Apple Dominates Global Smartwatch Sales
- eMarketer – Can Health Features Save Wearables? [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – Where Are Marketers Investing in Mobile Marketing Data?
- Gallup – Do Mobile Connections Improve Women’s Lives?
- Statista – Are Foldable Phones a Fad?
- eMarketer – Apple Grows iPhone Share in US, Despite Overseas Challenge
- Marketing Charts – Women Are Above-Average Users of Smartphones and Tablets
- YouGov – The Republican base and the Mueller report
- Gallup – Job Approval of Congress Reaches Two-Year High
- Rolling Stone – 75 Percent of Republicans Say White Americans Are Discriminated Against
- Pew Research – Majority Says Trump Has Done ‘Too Little’ to Distance Himself From White Nationalists
- Harris Poll – The most popular companies in America, ranked by partisan leaning
- YouGov – Is same-day voter registration a good or bad idea?
- Gallup – Less White, More Liberal: How Democrats Have Changed [PODCAST]
- Pew Research – Political Independents: Who They Are, What They Think
- eMarketer – What Breaking Up Big Tech Might Look Like [PODCAST]
- YouGov – What is terrorism? For Americans, who matters more than what
- Gallup – A Paradox? More Government While Attempting to Fix Government
- Gallup – One-Third in U.S. Blame Unusual Winter Temps on Climate Change
- Pew Research – Public Sees an America in Decline on Many Fronts
- Gallup – Reparations and Black Americans’ Attitudes About Race
- NPR – Americans Support Government Action To Curb Prescription Drug Prices
- Gallup – Majorities of Americans See the Need for NATO and the UN
- Pew Research – Most Americans – especially Republicans – say local journalists shouldn’t express views on local issues
- Gallup – Respect for U.S. Women Hit New Low Before Midterms
- eMarketer – Facial Recognition in Retail [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – In Hindsight, What Would Retail Marketers Do Differently to Maximize Their MarTech Investments?
- eMarketer – D2C Brands Claim Another Victim by Accelerating Demise of Payless ShoeSource
- Statista – The Times They Are A-Changin’: 30 Years Of Music Sales
- eMarketer – Is Online Grocery Shopping About to Shift Gears? [PODCAST]
- eMarketer – What Do Shoppers Want from BOPUS?
- Statista – Nike Still on Top of the Sneaker World
- eMarketer – Online Grocery Shopping: Can eBay Deliver? [PODCAST]
- Statista – The Mac’s Waning Relevance to Apple
- eMarketer – D2C Brands Attract Young Consumers with Sustainability Initiatives
- YouGov – Levi’s tops denim rivals in Purchase Consideration
- eMarketer – What Role Does Digital Play in US Parents’ Shopping?
- eMarketer – Online Grocery Buyers Skew Younger, More Affluent
- eMarketer – Laws Could Stand in Way of Cashless Retailers
- eMarketer – Half of Consumers Plan to Save Tax Refunds—Can Retailers Change Their Minds?
- eMarketer – Successful Online Grocery Hinges on Logistics
- eMarketer – Resale Revs Up and Retailers Take Notice
- Search Engine Land – Voice gaining on mobile browser as top choice for smartphone-based search
- Search Engine Land – Google took down 2.3 billion bad ads, 1 million ad accounts in 2018
- Marketing Charts – B2B Buyers Prefer Using Web Search to Research Vendors
- Search Engine Journal – 79% of Digital Advertisers are Also Using SEO in Their Marketing Strategies
- Marketing Charts – What Search Trends Are On Marketers’ Minds?
- Search Engine Land – Report: 51% of web site hacks related to SEO spam
- eMarketer – Snapchat’s US Ad Business Will Soldier on, Growing 24.3% This Year
- AdWeek – The Simon Wiesenthal Center Released Its Annual Digital Terror & Hate Report
- eMarketer – How TikTok Took Over the World [PODCAST]
- Statista – In 2019, Global Emoji Count is Growing to More Than 3,000
- eMarketer – Instagram’s New Shopping Feature: Why It Will and Won’t Work [PODCAST]
- The Verge – Facebook’s US user base declined by 15 million since 2017, according to survey
- Statista – Is Facebook Becoming Social Media’s Retirement Home?
- eMarketer – Social Commerce Referral Grows 110%
- The Drum – Use of #ad on Instagram grew by 42% in 2018
- Statista – Instagram Is the Main Stage for the Biggest Pop Stars
- eMarketer – Who’s Afraid of Fake Followers?
- MediaDailyNews – Facebook Study: That’s A Nice ROI You’ve Got There, It Would Be A Shame If Anything Happened To It
- eMarketer – Facebook’s Vision for ‘Friction-Free’ Retail [PODCAST]
- Statista – Study: A Comprehensive LinkedIn Profile Boosts Job Chances
- Fortune – Job Applicants With a ‘Comprehensive’ LinkedIn Profile 71% More Likely to Get Interviews, Study Says
- eMarketer – Pinterest Is the Talk of ShopTalk as It Eyes IPO
- Marketing Charts – Facebook’s Popularity Continues to Drop Among US Youth. What Are Zuckerberg’s Plans?
- Marketing Land – Facebook lost 15 million users? Marketers remain unfazed
- eMarketer – Can Instagram’s ‘Swipe Up’ Feature Drive Sales?
- Statista – Airbnb Is Making a Dent in Sales for Major Hotel Chains
- eMarketer – Reddit to Cross $100 Million in Ad Revenues in 2019
- Statista – What Is the Game Console’s Future?
- eMarketer – How the NBA Is Using Esports to Grow Its Audience
- Statista – The Most Important Gaming Platforms in 2019
- eMarketer – Is Apple TV+ Just Another Video Streaming Service? [PODCAST]
- Statista – Streaming Services Overtake Pay TV In The U.S.
- eMarketer – Amazon to Launch Mobile Video Ads in Search: Brands Will Cheer, Will Consumers? [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – Video Ad Engagement Benchmarks in 2018
- eMarketer – Can Apple’s Anticipated Video Streaming Service Really Rival Netflix? [PODCAST]
- Morning Consult – Younger Consumers Are Most Likely to Subscribe to Disney+
- eMarketer – YouTube ‘Unboxed’ Videos Could Be Secret Formula for Selling Toys [PODCAST]