Marketing Reports, Surveys & Polls For February, 2019
Here’s a round-up of the marketing reports we’ve been tracking this month:
- eMarketer – Digital Video Advertising Best Practices [PODCAST]
- AdWeek – These Were the Most Viewed and Searched Super Bowl Ads and Moments on YouTube
- Marketing Land – Report: YouTube ad revenue jumped 11% in 2018 thanks to repeat advertisers
- eMarketer – Agency Pros Say Fraud Is Biggest Threat to Their Budgets
- Ipsos – Google tops Ipsos real-time, nonconscious ranking of Super Bowl ads
- eMarketer – Advertisers Now Pay More for Facebook Users’ Attention
- Marketing Charts – Super Bowl 2019 Data
- TechCrunch – Facebook and Google still offer the best value for mobile advertisers
- eMarketer – Video Ads: Out of Stream… Out of View? [PODCAST]
- MediaDailyNews – U.S. Digital Ads Top Traditional Media, TV Sinks 2.2%
- Marketing Land – Google touts ROI of AMP display ads, adding they perform best on AMP web pages
- MediaPost – B2B Advertising Is Boring Prospects, Study Finds
- eMarketer – Does OTT Have an Ad Fraud Problem?
- Marketing Charts – Retail Marketers Look Favorably on Amazon Ads
- MediaPost – In-App Ads, Header Bidding Enjoy Solid Growth
- eMarketer – US Digital Ad Spending Will Surpass Traditional in 2019
- SearchMarketerDaily – Alphabet Earnings: Google Cost Per Click Declined 29%
- eMarketer – After Privacy Meltdowns, Can Digital Advertising Avoid Change? [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – What Are The Top Perceived Benefits of Programmatic In-App Ads?
- eMarketer – Dealing With Digital Ad Fraud [PODCAST]
- DigitalNewsDaily – Amazon Advertising Least Trusted Platform, Survey Finds
- eMarketer – B2Bs Leverage Programmatic to Target Specific Accounts
- Marketing Charts – Benefits of 5G Technology Appeal to Consumers And Advertisers Alike
- eMarketer – Next on Netflix: Advertising?
- Marketing Charts – US Internet Advertising Revenues Post 22% Y-O-Y Gain in Q3 2018
- eMarketer – When Do Ads Actually Grab Attention? [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – Local Radio Stations Capitalize on Digital Ad Revenue Growth
- eMarketer – In Search of Scale, Direct-to-Consumer Brands Flock to TV
- eMarketer – The Brand Safety Debate Reignites [PODCAST]
- eMarketer – Still Early Days for TV Ad Innovation
- eMarketer – How Data Science Is Changing Marketing Attribution
- eMarketer – Why Is Mobile App Ad Viewability So Hard To Measure?
- O’Reilly – Artificial Intelligence Now
- Marketing Charts – CEOs: AI Will Have Larger Impact Than the Internet
- eMarketer – Explain Yourself, AI
- Inc. – 48% Of Marketers Believe Amazon’s Alexa Is Better Than Google Assistant, Siri, Or Cortana For Marketing
- eMarketer – The Uncomfortable State of Voice Commerce
- Mobile Marketer – Study: Voice assistant usage to surge 320% to 8B by 2023
- The Verge – Over 200 million tracks have been uploaded to SoundCloud
- Chartable – Here’s why we’re entering the Golden Age of Podcasts, in 10 graphs
- eMarketer – Men Lead In Smart Speaker Shopping
- Marketing Charts – Retailers See Voice Ordering As More Opportunity Than Threat
- YouGov – If you were in the market for a new car, would you be more likely or less likely to buy a car with a voice-activated digital assistant than one without?
- Statistia – Spotify vs Apple Music Growth, 2015-2018
- eMarketer – The Future of Augmented Reality [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – These Are The Most Difficult B2B Marketing Skill Sets to Hire For
- Customer Attuned – 3 vital B2B findings from Dimension Data’s 2019 CX Report
- eMarketer – Dealing With an Explosion of Mobile Data [PODCAST]
- Econsultancy – 55% of marketers say ‘better use of data’ for audience targeting is a priority in 2019
- ZDNet – One in three businesses are unsure about their 2019 online strategy
- Marketing Charts – Brand Marketers Look to Excellent Customer Service to Cut Through the Noise
- Campaign – No one would care if 77% of brands died overnight, study claims
- eMarketer – How Much Trust Do Consumers Give Brands? [PODCAST]
- Statista – Brands Americans Can’t Do Without
- Marketing Charts – These Are the Most “Intimate” Brands in the US
- Inverse – Largest-Ever Study on Perfectionist People Has Scientists “Greatly Troubled”
- Ipsos – Americans Like Buying Local and Amazon.com
- eMarketer – And the Winner Is … the Oscars? [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – Who’s Spending Their Money? Some Surprising Answers.
- Statista – Reasons People Do Online Dating
- eMarketer – How the Internet Changed Valentine’s Day [PODCAST]
- YouGov – Pizza Preferences [PDF]
- EmailMarketingDaily – A Quarter Of Consumers Will Dump A Brand After Bad Personalization: Study
- Slack – Good collaboration, bad collaboration: A new report
- Statista – Digital Camera Sales, 2003-2018
- eMarketer – The Not So Super Bowl [PODCAST]
- YouGov – Valentine’s Day Behavior [PDF]
- Pew Research – Smartphone Ownership Is Growing Around the World, but Not Equally
- Statista – The State Of The Unions
- YouGov – How often do you leave comments on stories/articles you read online?
- eMarketer – Valentine’s Day 2019: Fewer Givers, Greater Spending
- Statistia – Super Bowl Spending, 2007-2019
- YouGov – National park use [PDF]
- Ipsos – Most Americans Working Full-Time Report Feeling Stressed at Work
- YouGov – Which of these values is most important?
- Gallup – U.S. Small-Business Owners’ Optimism Down From Record High
- MarTech Today – 83% of consumers now aware of marketers tracking their locations — study
- Ipsos – Global study finds high levels of concern about aging and paints a worried picture of later life
- YouGov – Should people consider the long-term effects of climate change when they’re deciding whether to have children?
- Gallup – Americans’ Confidence in Their Finances Keeps Growing
- Ipsos – Almost half of Americans do not have confidence in the press
- YouGov – How much paid leave should fathers receive following the birth or adoption of a child?
- Gallup – Most See U.S. Economy as Slowing or Declining
- Ipsos – Those Open to Going to a Professional to Improve Their Appearance Say Looking Their Best is Important
- AdAge – Most economists see U.S. recession by 2021, survey shows
- Ipsos – Worker preparedness and consumer attitudes toward automation vary widely across countries
- YouGov – Diversity in movies [PDF]
- Gallup – Six in Seven Americans Satisfied With Their Personal Lives
- Ipsos – Nearly Half of Americans Say They Would Feel Sad If Printed Materials No Longer Existed
- YouGov – What is your favorite kind of chocolate?
- Backlinko – We Analyzed 912 Million Blog Posts. Here’s What We Learned About Content Marketing
- Content Marketing Instutute – Do Agencies Practice the Content Marketing They Preach?
- MarketingProfs – What B2B Firms Get Wrong About Thought-Leadership Content
- The Drum – Custom content created by publishers outperforms brand-produced material finds Economist Group study
- MediaDailyNews – Number Of Indispensable Brands Falls To 23% Worldwide, ‘Meaningful’ Content Rises
- eMarketer – More Than Half of US Households Will Be Amazon Prime Members in 2019
- Statista – Amazon Growth, 1997-2018
- eMarketer – Why Doesn’t Everyone Just Buy Their Groceries Online? [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – These Were the Top 10 CPG E-Commerce Categories in 2018
- eMarketer – Walmart’s Secret for Online Success [PODCAST]
- eMarketer – Are Younger Shoppers Always More Tech Friendly?
- Marketing Charts – Consumers Prefer Visual to Text Information When Shopping Online
- eMarketer – Thanksgiving Day Is Now the No. 3 Online Shopping Holiday
- Marketing Charts – Here Are the Top Reasons Consumers Buy Apparel on Amazon
- eMarketer – Top Six Things Customers Want from Online Grocery Stores
- eMarketer – Digital Investments Pay Off for Walmart in Ecommerce Race
- Marketing Charts – The State of Email Engagement
- EmailMarketingDaily – Welcome Emails Produce High Open Rates Worldwide: Study
- HubSpot – Forms Aren’t Dead: The State of Email Lead Capture in 2019
- EmailMarketingDaily – Study: Consumers Prefer Email For Complaining To Brands
- Marketing Charts – What Are The Most Effective Email Re-Engagement Campaigns?
- EmailInsider – Escaping The Spam Box: Fewer Emails Are Ending Up There, Study Shows
- Marketing Charts – Email Marketing Priorities Prove Difficult to Execute
- EmailMarketingDaily – Email Is Most-Used Lead-Gen Channel, But Not Seen As The Best, Study Finds
- Marketing Charts – Asian-American Households Continue to Enjoy Above-Average Incomes
- Marketing Charts – In-Person Events Ranked #1 Among B2B Demand Generation Tactics
- eMarketer – Five Things to Keep in Mind About Millennial Shoppers in 2018
- Pew Research – Millennial life: How young adulthood today compares with prior generations
- eMarkerer – Millennials as Digital (and Nondigital) Shoppers
- Business Insider – Sales of nonalcoholic booze are on the rise — and it reveals a dark truth about social-media surveillance culture
- eMarketer – Millennials, All Grown Up [PODCAST]
- PR Daily – Report: Gen Z wants companies to take a stand, but risks loom large
- Pew Research – Most U.S. Teens See Anxiety and Depression as a Major Problem Among Their Peers
- MediaPost – Influencer Study Puts Email Last In ROI
- eMarketer – Data Compliance Brings Added Cost to Influencer Marketing
- DigitalNewsDaily – Fake Followers Eating Into Brands’ Influencer Marketing Budgets
- eMarketer – Influencers and Instagram Stories: A Perfect Marriage?
- Marketing Land – Digital agencies are hiring, focusing on retention in 2019
- VentureBeat – Blockchain marketing tech landscape grows 13x in 18 months
- Marketing Charts – What Are Demand Gen Marketers’ Top Priorities This Year?
- PublisherDaily – New Marketing Tech ‘Landscape’ Reveals Blockchain Explosion
- MarketingProfs – Do Marketers Think Their Strategies Are Successful? [Study]
- Marketing Land – Most companies have ‘orphaned’ SaaS apps in their stacks
- Marketing Charts – Emerging Market Research Techniques Seeing Higher Levels of Adoption
- eMarketer – Do Marketers Use Gender Stereotypes?
- SearchMarketingDaily – SEO: The Average Cost Of Marketing
- eMarketer – How Forbes Is Digitally Transforming Itself
- Marketing Charts – How Do High-Growth Professional Services Firms Market Themselves?
- eMarketer – How Big Is the Digital Economy, Really? [PODCAST]
- Business Insider – 2019 Marketing Hiring Trends Report from McKinley Marketing Partners
- Marketing Charts – Agencies’ New Business Worries Spike
- eMarketer – How Are Marketers Adapting to Data Privacy Laws?
- Statista – Trending Consulting Topics, 2016-2018
- Marketing Charts – What Skills Would Marketers Stake Their Future On?
- eMarketer – How Organizational Structures Obstruct Digital Transformation
- AdAge – Super Bowl ratings drop, Google ad sales jump (again), and Adidas backtracks
- Statista – Oscars Viewership, 2000-2018
- eMarketer – For the Grammy Awards, a Struggle for Relevance [PODCAST]
- Pew Research – The Way U.S. Teens Spend Their Time Is Changing
- eMarketer – Esports Playing in the Big Leagues Now
- Statista – Super Bowl Viewership, 1990-2019
- eMarketer – It’s a Mobile World After All [PODCAST]
- The Drum – In-app ad spend grows but KPIs slow to catch up, study finds
- Statista – Test Miles Driven By Self-Driving Car Companies
- eMarketer – The Future of Smartphones
- Mobile Marketing – Mobile Ad Fraud Problem Shows Little Sign Of Slowing Down – Report
- eMarketer – Holiday Shopping on Smartphones Led to Strong Ecommerce Growth
- MarTech Today – New survey: Consumers are texting to businesses that aren’t set up to respond
- eMarketer – Food Delivery Takes Off Thanks to QSRs Eager for a Slice of the Mobile Market
- YouGov – What do you think about “Red Flag” bills?
- Gallup – Image of U.S. Leadership Now Poorer Than China’s
- Ipsos – Democrats and Republicans continue to disagree on the most important issues facing the country
- Statista – America’s Favorite on-Screen Presidents
- YouGov – Should Election Day be a holiday?
- Gallup – Solid Majority Still Opposes New Construction On Border Wall
- Ipsos – Americans report a bipartisan desire for transparent political financing laws
- Pew Research – Public Opinion and the Evolution Debate in the United States
- Reuters/Ipsos – American Perceptions on Gun Control
- Statista – Support For 70% Marginal Tax Rate By Party Affiliation
- YouGov – Future President Characteristics [PDF]
- Gallup – Trump Approval, Economic Confidence Rebound
- Pew Research – Climate Change Still Seen as the Top Global Threat, but Cyberattacks a Rising Concern
- Gallup – Record High Name Government as Most Important Problem
- Pew Research – Rift over gay rights comes as United Methodists in U.S. have become more accepting of homosexuality
- Gallup – Majority of Americans Now Consider Russia a Critical Threat
- YouGov – Which is more important: Gun rights or protecting people from gun violence?
- Gallup – Far Fewer Americans See North Korea as Greatest U.S. Enemy
- Gallup – Americans’ Support for Affirmative Action Programs Rises
- Pew Research – Response rates in telephone surveys have resumed their decline
- Gallup – Americans Less Satisfied With Treatment of Minority Groups
- Pew Research – Most Americans Say Colleges Should Not Consider Race, Ethnicity in Admissions
- Gallup – Most Blacks Rate Race Relations With Whites as Bad
- YouGov – Self-Assessment Of Black History [PDF]
- eMarketer – How Much Will Retail Sales Grow This Year?
- eMarketer – Fallout from First Government Shutdown Leaves Retailers Wary of Another
- eMarketer – Dollar Stores’ Growth Opportunities—and Challenges
- eMarketer – The Challenge of Selling Toys in an Increasingly Digital World
- eMarketer – Is Scan-and-Go the Future of Retail?
- Marketing Charts – US Retail Sales Forecast to Grow by 3.8-4.4% Again This Year
- eMarketer – The State of US Apparel Shopping in Five Charts
- eMarketer – CPG Industry Struggles to Find Growth
- Search Engine Land – How lucrative is local search?
- Marketing Charts – For Bing and Yahoo, Desktops Produce the Most Paid Search Clicks
- SearchInsider –Images Feed Search More Than Text, Study Finds
- Marketing Charts – Improving Page Speed Said Urgent, But Not A Top Priority For Marketers
- SearchInsider – Valentine’s Day Ad Spend Up, But Searches Down
- UMass Dartmouth – Reassessing Both Social Media Tools & Paid vs. Free Social Advertising: The Evolving 2018 Inc. 500
- Moz – Do Businesses Really Use Google My Business Posts? A Case Study
- YouGov – Attitudes Toward Dating Apps [PDF]
- Marketing Charts – Stories Increasingly Becoming A Social Media Marketing Format of Choice
- Social Media Today – LinkedIn Reaches 610 Million Members
- eMarketer – Will Facebook’s Latest Scandal Affect Its Ad Business?
- Mashable – Instagram, Twitch, and other platforms helped creators make nearly $7 billion, study says
- Marketing Land – Snap topped $1 billion in revenue in 2018, stabilized user base in fourth quarter
- Marketing Charts – Inc. 500 Executives Brim With Enthusiasm for Social Media
- Statista – Tinder Subscribers, 2015-2018
- YouGov – Pinterest has blocked search terms related to vaccines or vaccinations to stop the spread of misinformation related to anti-vaccination posts. Do you agree or disagree with the site’s decision to block these terms?
- Statista – Twitter Monthly Active Users, 2011-2018
- eMarketer – The Long Shadow of Cambridge Analytica [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – How People Want to Engage with Brands on Social Media
- Statista – Facebook Growth, 2004-2018
- eMarketer – FaceTime Flap, Facebook Flub, Phone Fears [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – Instagram Stories Accounting for Growing Share of Facebook Ad Spend
- Statista – TikTok Downloads By Country
- eMarketer – Facebook Is Combining Aspects of Its Messaging Properties: What It Means for Advertisers and Users
- Marketing Charts – US Video Game Industry Revenues Continue Double-Digit Growth in 2018
- Buffer – Does Vertical Video Make a Difference? We Spent $6,000 on Tests to Find Out
- eMarketer – How Viewing Sports Globally Is Shifting to Streaming [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – Amazon Prime Estimated to Hit Subscriber Milestone in the US; Netflix Surges Forward, Too
- eMarketer – Sports Streaming in Latin America [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – How Are Adults Using TV Screens?
- eMarketer – Understanding Mobile Video Viewers [PODCAST]
- Marketing Charts – How Advertisers Use Different Video Platforms Across The Funnel