Ignore Bing At Your Own Peril [CHART]
Bing is “bigger than you think,” reports Bing Ads by way of a tweet last week drawing attention to its market share around the world. In fact, the Bing Network accounts for 1 in every 3 explicit core search queries in the US, totaling 5 billion monthly, according to the breakdown, which cites comScore data.
Bing is bigger than you think! #SEM #PPC #bingadswebcast pic.twitter.com/fFtEDvM634
— Bing Ads (@BingAds) August 17, 2017
The Bing Network includes Bing, Yahoo Search (searches powered by Bing) and AOL Search Network.
In a follow-up to the tweet’s replies, Bing Ads posted a larger breakdown of its market share and monthly search volume, using March 2017 as its period of analysis.
The following highlights those figures on a regional basis:
- Worldwide: 9% market share; 12 billion monthly searches
- Latin America: 5% market share; 826 million monthly searches
- Europe: 9% market share; 3 billion monthly searches
- Asia Pacific: 3% market share; 2 billion monthly searches
On a country-by-country basis, Bing’s position is strongest in:
- The US: 33% market share; 5 billion monthly searches;
- The UK: 26% market share; 977 million monthly searches;
- Taiwan: 24% market share; 295 million monthly searches;
- Hong Kong: 19% market share; 87 million monthly searches;
- France: 19% market share; 788 million monthly searches; and
- Canada: 17% market share; 451 million monthly searches.