Feature Phone Users By Age, August 2013 [CHART]

Chart - Feature Phone Users By Age

Smart phone penetration stood at roughly 60% of the US mobile market in Q2, according to recent reports from comScore and Nielsen. That still leaves a sizable 40% chunk of the mobile market that hasn’t yet made the switch. So who is still using a feature phone? The demographics of the feature phone user are broken down in a new study released by Jumptap. As one might expect, the typical feature phone user tends to be older and come from a lower-income household.

Data from Jumptap and comScore suggests that almost half of feature phone users in the US are aged 55 and older, with one-quarter of users belonging to the 65+ group alone. By contrast, just 24% of users fall in the under-35 age bracket. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.