Time Spent On iOS & Android Devices By Activity, April 2013 [CHART]
Android and iOS smartphone and tablet users spend an average of 2 hours and 38 minutes per day on their devices, according to new data from Flurry. These consumers appear to significantly favor applications over the mobile web: 80% of their consumption (or 2 hours and 7 minutes daily) is spent inside apps, per the report, while the remaining 20% (31 minutes) is devoted to the mobile web. That means that time spent with Facebook (18% share) rivals time spent with the entire mobile Web.
Interestingly, that 18% share works out to roughly 28 and a half minutes per day spent with Facebook. That aligns quite closely with recent research from Facebook and IDC, which found that smart phone users spend about 33 minutes per day using Facebook. (Notably, though, the Flurry data is worldwide, whereas the Facebook/IDC results are for the US only.)
Despite that significant chunk of time devoted to Facebook use, the social network doesn’t hold a candle to gaming application consumption. According to Flurry, 32% of all time spent with smartphones and tablets, more than 50 minutes daily, is devoted to gaming apps. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.