72.9% of companies said they expected their overall social media budget to increase over the next year.
49.5% of US marketers said their company spent between 1% and 10% of their marketing budget on social media.
52% of organizations’ social media budgets are estimated to be allocated to social networking, while 13% are spent on blogs, 11% on microblogging & 7% on wikis.
According to the study, the tactics that will receive the greatest increases in budget for 2012 include website optimization, social media and SEO. Conversely, the tactics receiving the lowest increases are all outbound, including print advertising, tradeshows and direct mail.
A June 2012 study from Advertising Age and Citigroup found that 72.8% of US marketers said their overall social media ad budget would increase in the coming year, but only 56.4% said the same of their Facebook advertising budget.
Percent Of Interactive Marketing Budget Allocated To Mobile [CHART]Rate this post In spite of all of this activity, mobile marketing remains a small portion of overall marketing budgets. Almost one-quarter of respondents said mobile budgets comprised less than 1% of their overall budget, while one-fifth said it accounted for 2% to 3% of total money […]
Global Marketing Budgets, October 2011-June 2012 [CHART]Rate this post via marketingcharts.com warc-global-mktg-budgets-june-2012.pngSentiment regarding budgets took a steep fall among global marketers, finds Warc [pdf] in its June 2012 Global Marketing Index (GMI). The budget component score of the index fell to 47.3 in June, down from 50.3 in May and 53.7 in April, as marketers’ […]
Expected US & EU Pharma Marketing Budget Changes By Channel, 2011 [CHART]Rate this post via emarketer.com A 2011 study by Booz & Company and National Analysts Worldwide found that pharma executives in the US and EU put programs aimed at healthcare providers—as well as unpaid forms of internet promotion—high on their list of planned budget […]
Travel Marketing Budget Changes [CHART]Rate this post via emarketer.com According to Frommer’s and Tnooz’s “2011 Digital Marketing and Content Survey,” 65% of travel professionals polled worldwide planned to increase their social media marketing budget in 2012, a higher percentage than for any other digital marketing tactic. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Direct & Digital Marketing Spending Growth [CHART]Rate this post via marketingcharts.com dma-direct-digital-marketing-spend-q1-2012-may2012.jpg2 in 5 marketers and service providers say their direct and digitally-driven spending grew in Q1 2012 when compared to Q4 2011, almost double the 22.2% who reported decreases over the same period, according to a study released in May 2012 by the Direct […]