e-Strategy Trends’ continually-updated collection of mobile marketing research, statistics and trends for marketing, public relations, advertising and strategic communications professionals.
Worldwide, growth in the adoption of mobile devices is set to continue apace for the foreseeable future. So it makes sense, then, that marketers would be moving quickly to adapt to this new channel. But an April 2012 survey of business leaders worldwide by email marketing services provider Strongmail found that 55% of respondents were…Read More
In spite of all of this activity, mobile marketing remains a small portion of overall marketing budgets. Almost one-quarter of respondents said mobile budgets comprised less than 1% of their overall budget, while one-fifth said it accounted for 2% to 3% of total money spent. A paltry 6% of respondents said mobile made up 11%…Read More
via marketingprofs.com growing share of seniors own a cell phone, according to separate research from Pew. Nearly seven in ten (69%) adults ages 65 and older say they have a mobile phone, up from 57% in May 2010. Even among those now age 76 and older, 56% report owning a cell phone of some kind,…Read More
via marketingcharts.com 4 in 10 tablet users (defined as owners or regular users of a tablet) are between the ages of 35 and 64, per June 2012 survey results [pdf] from the Online Publishers Association. And that user base will only solidify over time: further data from the report indicates that 46% of new buyers…Read More
via marketingcharts.com Parents are showing healthy levels of new media and technology adoption, according to June 2012 Ipsos MediaCT survey results. Among parents of children aged 6-12, 69% own a cell phone that can access the internet, while 37% own a tablet, and 26% an e-reader. To put those latter numbers in perspective, January 2012…Read More