Asked how important social media is to them, only 32% of Americans aged 18-64 rated social’s importance a top-2 box score on a 5-point scale, according to recent survey results from Ipsos OTX. That makes Americans about 20% less likely than the average respondent across 24 markets to consider social media important to them. Social media scores higher among women (37%) and those under-35 (45%) in the US, but those figures also lag the corresponding global averages (46% and 50%, respectively). Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Socializing With Friends Online & Off by Select Demographics [CHART]
- Americans Liking & Sharing Online Content By Demographic [CHART]
- Americans: Planning For The Future vs. Living In The Moment By Demographic [CHART]
- Online Advertising Platforms By Importance, September 2013 [CHART]
- Americans Keeping Informed About Brands via Social By Demographics, February 2013 [CHART]