Online video ad reach took a step forward in July, increasing to 55.4% of the US population from 53.6% in June.
Archives for August 27, 2013
Online video ad views have been increasing at a torrid pace through the first half of this year.
Agencies are increasingly being compensated on a fee rather than commission basis, a shift that first took place in the mid-90s and appears to show no signs of slowing.
The number of pay-TV subscribers in the US shrunk by 146,000 during the first 6 months of this year (H1), the first net loss of customers over the initial 6 months of a year.
Facebook click-through rates were up by 18.5% quarter-over-quarter, leading to a 15.9% drop in average cost-per-click and a 16.4% rise in clicks.
Viewers aged 55-64 (17%) and 65+ (11%) accounted for a combined 28% of US online video ad impressions in Q2.
B2B email databases had a subscriber activity rate of just 1.5% (referring to the percentage who opened an email in the last 90 days).
Even with the rapid rise of digital video viewership and ad spending, levels of spending on online and mobile video fall far below spending on TV.
eMarketer expects TV to continue to capture the largest share of paid ad spending in the US for the foreseeable future, though its percentage of total spending will drop slightly, from 39.1% in 2012 to 38.8% this year.
eMarketer expects US advertisers to spend $171.01 billion on paid media this year, up 3.6% over 2012 spending levels.