And among younger consumers—the age group with the highest rates of smartphone ownership—Android phones had a 12 percentage point lead over iPhones, with 43% of mobile phone owners between 18 to 24 years old on Android smartphones, compared with 31% on the iPhone. Android was also more popular among those ages 25 to 54, though the difference began to narrow progressively among each older age group. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Age At Which Parents Give Their Child A Smart vs. Feature Phone [TABLE]
- Smart Phone Ownership By Generation [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Mobile Gaming Metrics Of Android & iPhone Users, December 2012 [TABLE]
- US Smart Phone Owners By OS, May 2013 [CHART]
- US Smart Phone vs Tablet Penetration, 2011-2014 [CHART]