16% of advertisers on the Millennial Media platform integrated mobile commerce experiences into their campaigns last year, according to the network’s year-in-review report released this morning. In the campaign action mix, mCommerce was offered as a post-click option less than social media (18%), store locator/view map (21%), and application download (37%), among others, per the report.
Explaining how some campaigns leveraged mobile commerce, the Millennial Media study indicates that entertainment advertisers promoted new motion pictures or DVD releases, providing links to purchase tickets or DVDs.
Still, the relatively minor use of mobile commerce is a reflection of overall campaign goals, with just 12% of those centered on product launch and release. Advertisers instead were more heavily focused on generating sustained in-market presence (39% of campaigns), brand awareness (14%), and site traffic (14%). Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Entertainment Advertisers’ Mobile Goals, Q2 2013 [CHART]
- Mobile Advertising Post-Click Actions, 2011 [CHART]
- CPG Mobile Advertising Post-Click Actions, 2012 [CHART]
- Restaurant Mobile Advertising Tactics, Q1 2013 [CHART]
- Retail Advertisers Mobile Post-Click Action, Q1 2013 [CHART]