Despite packing in an average of 2.5 more ads per video in Q4 than in Q3 (9.4 vs. 6.9), the completion rate for ads in long-form content (20+ minutes) held steady at 93% in Q4, per new quarterly data from FreeWheel. Completion rates for long-form video ads remained at their peak, up from 88% in Q4 2011 and 85% in the first quarter of that year. The completion rate for ads in mid-form content (5-20 minutes) also ended the year on a high note (81%).
Only ads served during short-form content (of less than 5 minutes) didn’t end the year at their high. Still, with a 68% completion rate (compared to Q2′s high of 69%), those ads were completed at a far greater rate than a year earlier (54% in Q4 2011). Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- US Online Video Ad View Completion Rates By Ad Length, Q4 2013 [CHART]
- Video Ad Completion Rates By Video Length, Q1 2011 – Q3 2012 [CHART]
- Long-Form Video Ad Loads & Completion Rates, Q3 2012 – Q3 2013 [CHART]
- Video Ad Completion Rates By Video Length, Q1 2011-Q2 2012 [CHART]
- Share Of Online Ad Views By Device & Duration, Q4 2013 [CHART]