And music listening in another primary connected car activity. Use of smartphone apps for services like Pandora or Spotify for in-car music listening has shown rapid growth, rising from 6% of US mobile phone owners in 2010 to 17% in 2012, according to a survey by Arbitron. Not surprisingly, music services have been an active venue for third-party connected-car partnerships with automakers. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Mobile Content Use By Feature [CHART]
- Mobile Commerce App Usage By OS, April 2013 [CHART]
- Mobile Features & Content Use [CHART]
- Smart Phone Messaging Preferences [CHART]
- Mobile Media Consumption By Income, September 2012 [CHART]