The US in-car audience is massive. More than 105.6 million people drove to work solo in 2011, according to US Census data. This figure represented 76.4% of all employed people in the US over the age of 16. Add in those who carpool and the figure spikes to 86%.
In the next three years, this group will be increasingly available to marketers via in-vehicle smartphone data connections and integrated applications (sometimes referred to in the industry as telematics) developed specifically for use inside an automobile, according to a new eMarketer report, “Connected Cars as the Fifth Screen: A Market of Millions Connected by Asphalt.” Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Customer Experience Integration, October 2013 [CHART]
- Global Internet-Connected Car System Sales By Type, 2009-2018 [TABLE]
- Industries & Products For Which People Have Written Post-Purchase Online Reviews, October 2012 [TABLE]
- Millennial & GenX Multiscreeners’ Attitudes Toward Ads, March 2014 [CHART]
- Most Influential Ad Platforms For Automotive Purchase Decisions, March 2012 [CHART]