The US in-car audience is massive. More than 105.6 million people drove to work solo in 2011, according to US Census data. This figure represented 76.4% of all employed people in the US over the age of 16. Add in those who carpool and the figure spikes to 86%.
In the next three years, this group will be increasingly available to marketers via in-vehicle smartphone data connections and integrated applications (sometimes referred to in the industry as telematics) developed specifically for use inside an automobile, according to a new eMarketer report, “Connected Cars as the Fifth Screen: A Market of Millions Connected by Asphalt.” Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Industries & Products For Which People Have Written Post-Purchase Online Reviews, October 2012 [TABLE]
- Most Influential Ad Platforms For Automotive Purchase Decisions, March 2012 [CHART]
- Global Connected Device Shipments, 2011-2016 [CHART]
- Consumer Interest In Interactive TV, December 2012 [CHART]
- American Connected TV Market Penetration, 2011-2016 [CHART]