Analysis of the Super Bowl ads continues to pour in. With an average of 108.7 million viewers for the game, per Nielsen’s tally, brands certainly had an opportunity to reach a huge audience. So which brands fared best? Which ads were tweeted about most? Did advertisers experience any post-game lift? This article rounds up and distills the research surrounding the performance of the Super Bowl commercials.
First off, a look at the 10 most memorable commercials of the Super Bowl, according to Nielsen’s analysis. Using this measure, Doritos’ 30-second “Goat 4 Sale” wins out, with a general recall index of 138, meaning that it was 1.38 times more memorable as the average Super Bowl ad this year. Close on its heels, Taco Bell’s 60-second “Goodnight Mr. Goldblatt,” with a recall index score of 137. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Most Effective Super Bowl Ads [TABLE]
- 10 Most Liked Commercials Of 2012 [LIST]
- Global Marketing Budgets, October 2011-October 2012 [CHART]
- Attitudes Toward Super Bowl Commercials By Gender, January 2013 [TABLE]
- Global Marketing Budgets, 2010-2012 [CHART]