73% of online shoppers agree that their path to purchase is more complex and less direct than it used to be, according to [PDF] an About.com study. As the traditional purchase funnel has been upended and turned into more of a “loop,” per the study, shoppers indicate that shopping has taken on a more personal nature. That is, 79% agree that their relationship with brands is much more personal than ever before, and 68% agree that shopping today is less about the brands/products themselves and more about them (what they’re feeling or needing). Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Reasons For Online Shopping Cart Abandonment, February 2012 [CHART]
- Mobile Shopper Activities By Device Type, January 2013 [CHART]
- Mobile Consumers’ Attitudes Toward Shopping Apps, December 2012 [CHART]
- Mobile Use By Luxury Brand Shoppers, January 2013 [CHART]
- Purposes Of Retailers’ Mobile Strategies, January 2013 [CHART]