Nanigans, a Facebook advertising-software company, studied more than 975 million Facebook ad impressions served to US consumers who would generate more revenues than they cost to acquire.
While ads in the sidebar performed poorly, garnering only a 0.04% clickthrough rate among high-value Facebook users, page post ads in the newsfeed saw a clickthrough rate more than 46 times higher, at 1.87%. ROI was also 14% greater for ads in the newsfeed, according to Nanigans. In addition, the cost per click in the newsfeed was less than one-third of Facebook domain ads. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- US Retail Facebook Newsfeed Ad CTR & CPC For Mobile vs. Desktop, January 2013 [TABLE]
- Facebook Mobile Advertising Metrics, Q1 2014 [TABLE]
- Facebook Ad Cost-Per-Click & Click-Through Rates By Type [CHART]
- Engagement & Click-Through Rates For Advanced Tablet Ads, October 2012 [TABLE]
- Facebook Ad Metrics, Q4 2012 [CHART]