Despite concerns that reviews may be bogus, there hasn’t yet been a consumer backlash against ratings and reviews. Search Engine Land’s “2012 Local Consumer Review Survey” found a 3-percentage-point increase in trust for positive reviews among internet users between 2012 and 2010. But there were gradations of trust: 28% said they trusted reviews if there were multiple reviews; 24% said they trusted the reviews if they believed them to be authentic; and 20% said they trusted reviews for some types of businesses but not others. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Consumer Attitudes Toward Online Local Business Reviews, June 2013 [TABLE]
- Trust In Advertising & Promotions, March 2013 [CHART]
- Information Sources Millennials Trust Most, March 2014 [CHART]
- Consumer Use Of Online Customer Reviews For Local Businesses, July 2014 [CHART]
- Trust In General News Sources By Age, January 2013 [CHART]