During the 3-month average ending in December 2012 (Q4), 54% of US mobile subscribers owned a smart phone, according to the latest figures from comScore MobiLens. That represents a 19.2% rise from the 3-month average ending March 2012 (Q1 – 45.3%). During the year, smartphone penetration grew during every 3-month average save for the period ending in June, when it was flat.
Google and Apple consolidated their stranglehold as the leading platforms, finishing in the December 3-month period with a combined 89.7% share, from 81.7% share during the 3-months ending in March. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- US Smart Phone Market Share, By Platform [CHART]
- Smart Phone Growth, October 2011 – February 2013 [CHART]
- Smart Phone Market Share By Platform [CHART]
- Smart Phone Penetration, October 2011 – July 2013 [CHART]
- Smart Phone Penetration, October 2011 – March 2013 [CHART]