Long considered a helpful tool for consumers to make informed decisions, online user reviews have become a subject of scrutiny, according to a new eMarketer report, “Online User Reviews: Building Trust and Boosting Sales.” Reports abound of fake reviews and the dramatic countersteps taken to prevent them. The question is whether consumers can see past bogus reviews as isolated incidents or if such reviews are pervasive enough to threaten the confidence of shoppers. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Consumer Attitudes Toward Online Reviews, December 2013 [CHART]
- How Online Customer Reviews Affect Perceptions Of Local Businesses, 2010 & 2012 [CHART]
- Online Reviews & Suggestions [CHART]
- Websites Used To Read Traveler Online Reviews, 2012 [CHART]
- Influence Of Online Reviews On Car Dealership Visits [CHART]