Constant Contact has released a new e-book containing research from its Small Biz Council pertaining to mobile and local search, with some noteworthy results. In particular, while 85% of respondents believe it’s important to be seen on major search, mobile, and directory sites such as Google, Yahoo, Yelp, and Yellow Pages, 49% of small businesses have never updated their online listings, and exactly half have seen listings for their businesses that are not accurate.
That suggests a gap between what small businesses perceive as being important, and the difficulty they’re having leveraging the ways consumers find them. So while 84% believe that having a website that can easily be viewed on a mobile device is important to their business, only one-quarter know how to create a mobile-optimized site. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Small Business Mobile Website Use, May 2011-June 2012 [CHART]
- Changes In Small Business Online & Mobile Marketing Spending In 2013 [CHART]
- Mobile Pageviews By Industry Category [CHART]
- Effectiveness Of Mobile Marketing At Engaging & Attracting Small Business Customers, October 2012 [CHART]
- American Small Business Marketing Budget Allocation By Tactic, November 2012 [CHART]