Sales in North America grew 13.9% to a world-leading $364.66 billion in 2012—a figure expected to increase 12.2% to $409.05 billion this year—as more consumers shifted spending from physical stores to retail and travel websites thanks to lower prices, greater convenience, broader selection and richer product information. But despite strong growth, North America’s share of global sales will drop from 33.5% last year to 31.5% in 2013 as Asia-Pacific surges ahead. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Global B2C eCommerce Sales Growth By Region & Country, 2011-2017 [TABLE]
- Global Facebook User Penetration By Region & Country, 2011-2017 [TABLE]
- Global Twitter Users, 2012-2018 [CHART]
- Global Market Research Industry Growth [CHART]
- Global B2C eCommerce Sales By Region, 2012-2017 [TABLE]