More retailers are trying to lure back cart abandoners via email, and it benefits them to know what’s causing these consumers to abandon their online purchases in the first case. According to survey results fom LivePerson, the top reason why online shoppers abandon a purchase is due to encountering unexpected delivery costs, cited by 70% of respondents across the 5 major Western markets studied (including 71% in the US).
The survey of almost 6,000 respondents across the UK, US, Australia, Germany, France, and Italy also found 56% to abandon an online purchase due to lack of information about the product and 50% due to security concerns. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Frequency With Which People Check Their Online Bank Statements, October 2013 [TABLE]
- Luxury Buyers’ Research Habits, September 2013 [CHART]
- Western European Internet Use, 2011-2016 [CHART]
- French B2C eCommerce Sales, 2010-2016 [CHART]
- TV vs. Social Networking Preference, By International Region [CHART]