Asked the objectives behind their social media advertising, 45% of advertisers surveyed by Vizu said their primary purpose was branding-related, compared to just 14% who said their primary goal was direct-response related. That aligns with research released in July 2012 by Ad Age, which found that marketers using Facebook ads were doing so primarily for awareness, with far fewer listing site traffic as a primary goal.
Still, many advertisers have a mix of both goals in mind. One-quarter said their paid social media advertising objectives were a mix of branding and direct-response, with more than half branding-related. By comparison, 14% cited a mix of objectives with more than half related to direct-response. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- US Media & Entertainment Online Ad Spending By Objective, 2014 [CHART]
- Marketers’ Facebook Advertising Objectives [CHART]
- Top Business Objectives For Online Advertising, September 2013 [CHART]
- Social Media Advertising Objectives, October 2012 [CHART]
- Primary Goals Of CPG Mobile Advertising, 2012 [TABLE]