Marketers are used to seeing cart abandoners as lost sales. But the growing complexity of the purchase path requires a more complex viewpoint, according to a new eMarketer report, “Shopping Cart Abandonment: New Ways of Looking at the Purchase Path.”
Smart retailers are recognizing that while some abandoned carts do indeed represent missed revenue opportunities, many others do not. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Retail Welcome Emails [CHART]
- Top 5 Shopping Cart Abandonment Reasons [CHART]
- US Shopping Cart Abandonment Rates, Q1 2012-Q4 2013 [CHART]
- Shopping Cart Abandonment Email Adoption, 2011-2013 [CHART]
- Online Shopping Cart Metrics, Q3 2011 – Q3 2012 [CHART]