The add-to-cart rate—the percentage of site visitors who add items to a cart—supplements understanding of shopping cart behavior. When Monetate tracked the add-to-cart rate and the cart abandonment rate over five consecutive quarters in 2011 and 2012, it found the add-to-cart rate increased by 2 percentage points, while the cart conversion rate decreased by 2.7 points. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Shopping Cart Abandonment Rates, Q4 2009 – Q3 2012 [CHART]
- Types Of Online Behavior Executives Value [CHART]
- Shopping Cart Recovery Email Marketing Trends, 2011 vs 2012 [CHART]
- Top 5 Shopping Cart Abandonment Reasons [CHART]
- Email Open & Click-Through Rates, Q4 2009 – Q3 2012 [CHART]