A new report from Millennial Media examines mobile gaming, the top app category on the network in Q3 2012. The study finds that 64% of mobile game impressions came from devices running the Android OS in Q3, while 30% came from iOS. Yet in Q3, Android devices accounted for a smaller 52% of the network’s overall OS mix and iOS devices 34%, suggesting that Android users are heavier mobile gamers than iOS users.
The Millennial Media study also looks at device mix, finding that non-phone connected devices (such as tablets) accounted for 23% of gaming application impressions, versus 20% of overall impressions on the network. Smartphones captured 74% of gaming impressions (vs. 75% of impressions overall), while feature phones accounted for just 3% of gaming impressions, likely due to their limited functionality. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Mobile Internet Use By Device Type, 2011-2013 [CHART]
- Mobile Connected Device Mix, Q1 2012 – Q1 2013 [CHART]
- Mobile Ad Use By Device, Q1 2011 & Q1 2012 [CHART]
- Online Mobile Device Mix, Q2 2011 vs Q2 2012 [CHART]
- Mobile Device Mix [CHART]