A June 2012 survey of US internet users by McKinsey & Company found that almost nine out of 10 of those using a smartphone while driving said they made or answered calls. About seven out of 10 used their phones for navigation, a finding that underscored the threat posed by smartphones to dedicated GPS navigators. Four in 10 texted with (let’s hope) one hand on the wheel, and three in 10 were either on the internet, using apps, or checking email or social networks. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Mobile Behavior Of UK Travelers By Device Type, March 2014 [TABLE]
- Top Sources For Industry News Among Executives [VIDEO]
- Mobile Email Use By OS, April 2014 [CHART]
- Americans’ Online Privacy Concerns, January 2013 [CHART]
- Multitainment: TV & Smart Device Multi-Tasking, November 2012 [TABLE]