For one-quarter of Super Bowl viewers this year, the game won’t be the draw, the commercials will be. According to a January survey from the Retail Advertising and Marketing Association (RAMA), conducted by BIGinsight, the commercials were the second-biggest reason for tuning in, cited as the most important part of the experience by more respondents than getting together with friends or the halftime show.
Even those tuning in for the game itself are highly likely to be receptive to commercials. More than three-quarters of respondents told BIGinsight they viewed the commercials as entertainment, up from 73% last year—however, only 10.5% said they were actually influenced to buy as a result of the spots. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Most Memorable 2013 Super Bowl Ads [TABLE]
- Most Effective Super Bowl Ads [TABLE]
- Top Ten Telecasts Of 2012 [TABLE]
- Most Effective Super Bowl 2014 Commercials [TABLE]
- Affluent Super Bowl Audiences, 2003-2013 [CHART]