Asked the top 3 benefits of online advertising when compared to offline advertising, 23% of respondents to a Marin Software survey [PDF] conducted by Forrester Consulting said the most important benefit was online’s more accurate targeting. The survey of North American marketers who spend a minimum of $100,000 per year on paid search also found that respondents value online’s measurability and efficiency, but are less enthusiastic about its conversion rates and access to customer response data relative to offline advertising.
Survey results released in March 2012 by DataXu found that among decision-makers that had shifted their budgets from traditional to online advertising, the most common reason cited was increased measurability and accountability (20%), slightly ahead of increased customer engagement (18%) and lower cost of customer acquisition (16%). Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- The Shift Toward Digital Ad Spending [CHART]
- Budgets Going Digital [CHART]
- Ad Agency Use Of Traditional Media [CHART]
- CMOs’ Marketing Spending Projections, August 2011-August 2012 [CHART]
- Why US Execs Shift Budgets From Traditional To Digital Marketing [CHART]