On mobile, usage of TVE is slightly more common through mobile apps vs. mobile websites. In addition, more survey respondents said they used TVE apps and mobile sites from pay TV companies than they did from TV networks.
Given that TVE awareness on mobile is reversed, with pay TV companies’ services more widely known than TV networks’, it’s possible that TV networks have put more marketing dollars in support of their TVE programs overall (like HBO GO, for instance) while cable TV companies have focused on driving awareness of mobile programs specifically. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Primary Goals Of CPG Mobile Advertising, 2012 [TABLE]
- Current & Future Mobile App Marketing Functions, October 2013 [CHART]
- State of Data Quality, February 2014 [CHART]
- TV Viewing Via Cable Provider’s App Or Website, January 2014 [CHART]
- Most Important Types Of Apps For Booking Travel, March 2013 [CHART]