Cable or satellite TV is still the dominant method of TV viewing, at 79% of internet users, according to June data from Interpret. However, streaming through various internet channels is not far behind. Over half of respondents streamed via a PC, nearly half streamed through an internet-connected device, and 29% streamed through a mobile device. The growing popularity of watching TV through these channels shows that consumers are no longer married to the traditional TV set. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Time Spent Watching Video By Device & Cable Subscriber Status, August 2012 [CHART]
- Why People Are Watching More Time-Shifted Video, October 2012 [CHART]
- US Internet Users Who Watch News Videos Online, January 2013 [CHART]
- Tablet TV’s Effect On Traditional TV Viewing By Age, Spring 2012 [CHART]
- How People Watch TV, May 2013 [CHART]