QR codes may not yet have hit critical mass in Europe, but the audience size is still significant. In July 2012, comScore reported that there were 5.1 million QR code users in Germany, 3.3 million in the UK and another 3.4 million in Spain, which was not included in the Pitney Bowes report. The study found that Germany also led in QR code market penetration—18.6% of smartphone owners there were QR code users, meaning that well over a majority of smartphone owners still have not yet embraced QR codes. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Scannable Codes In Top 100 Magazines, January 2011-June 2012 [CHART]
- Millennials’ QR Code Use By Media & Select Countries, 2012 [TABLE]
- QR Code Use By Country, January 2013 [CHART]
- QR Code Scanner Demographics & OS [CHART]
- Global mCommerce Activities, February 2013 [CHART]