As tablet and mini tablet uptake rises, the devices are becoming the primary companion screen alongside the television. This trend is particularly strong in the UK. In an April 2012 study by InMobi and Mobext, 72% of UK tablet users indicated they used their tablet while watching TV; this compared with 57% who used their laptop/PC, and 48% who used their smartphone. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- At-Home Device Use For Purchases [CHART]
- Multitainment Devices, November 2013 [CHART]
- Frequency Of Mobile Video/TV Consumption Among US Smart Phone/Tablet Users [TABLE]
- Multitainment: TV & Smart Device Multi-Tasking, November 2012 [TABLE]
- Global Online Shopping Behavior By Device, Q1 2013 [TABLE]