Initial attempts by other tablet makers to compete with the iPad largely failed. But the proflierating market for mini tablets (generally regarded as tablets with a screen size of around 7 inches) is a different story. Apple launched its iPad mini worldwide on November 2, 2012. Although this was hot on the heels of Amazon’s Kindle Fire launch in the UK, it was a year behind in terms of the global submarket. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Most Coveted Tablets As Holiday Gifts, November 2012 [CHART]
- Kindle Fire HD Web Share [CHART]
- Mobile Click-Through Rates By Device [CHART]
- US Tablet Traffic By Brand, October 2012 [CHART]
- Global Tablet Shipments By Vendor, Q3 2011 & Q3 2012 [CHART]