While social media remains somewhat of a bit player in driving B2B website traffic, it accounted for about 5% of leads in 2012, per results from an Optify study. Comparing the largest players within the social media space, Facebook was the dominant driver of site visits, at a majority 54% share, followed by Twitter (32%) and LinkedIn (14%). But, when it came to leads, Twitter was far and away the most important social media source, generating 82% share of leads, compared to just 9% each for Facebook and LinkedIn.
Twitter not only was best for generating leads, but it also showed the highest conversion rates. Compared to the 1.22% average for social media (which was below the 1.6% average for all site sources), Twitter had a 78% higher conversion rate (2.17%), easily outperforming LinkedIn (0.8%) and Facebook (0.74%). That’s despite LinkedIn having the highest engagement rate by pageviews per visit (2.5), and Twitter the least (1.5). Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- B2B & B2C Social Media Leads & Sales By Channel [CHART]
- Social Media Revenue Opportunities [CHART]
- Social Media Sites For SMB B2B Lead Generation, 2012 [CHART]
- B2B Conversion Rates By Website Traffic Source, 2012 [CHART]
- Most Effective Traffic Sources For Website Conversion [CHART]