Of the various drivers of B2B website traffic, email has by far the highest conversion rate, finds Optify in its “2012 B2B Marketing Benchmark Report.” The study, which examined more than 62 million visits, 215 million pageviews and 350,000 leads from more than 600 small and medium-sized B2B websites during 2012, found email’s conversion rate to be 81% higher than the average (2.89% vs. 1.6%) and 42% higher than the next-best performer, referrals (2.04%).
Paid search (1.96%) also had an above-average conversion rate, with direct traffic (1.64%) closer to the mean. Organic search (1.45%) and social media (1.22%) were the lowest-rated in this regard. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Referral Traffic Driven By Top Domains, December 2012 [CHART]
- B2B Website Traffic Sources For SMBs, 2012 [CHART]
- Google Ad Conversion Rates By Industry, Q3 2012 [CHART]
- Pinterest Traffic Passes Google Referrals In June 2012 [CHART]
- US Retail Search Advertising Metrics By Device, November 2012 [CHART]