Among online channels, Facebook had the greatest influence on getting people to watch a show—46% said they picked up a show as a result of the social network. That was followed by Twitter (14%), the websites of TV shows (9%) and then forums or discussion boards (8%). Content check-in platform GetGlue, however, had yet to make an appreciable impact on viewing habits. Unsurprisingly, the influence of digital channels such as Facebook and Twitter on TV watchers were most pronounced among those ages 18 to 34. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Preferred Online Channels Of Luxury Marketers, October 2012 [CHART]
- Online & In-Store Holiday Purchase Influencers, January 2013 [CHART]
- Tablet TV’s Effect On Traditional TV Viewing By Age, Spring 2012 [CHART]
- TV Viewing Times By Device, June 2013 [TABLE]
- Social Login Preferences By Network, Q4 2009-Q2 2012 [CHART]