Local digital budgets will go primarily to targeted display ads and paid search, which together will account for 60% of total local digital advertising. Social media was not broken out in the study, but included in targeted display and search spending.
Social is an especially important local digital format, offering information on a user’s locale and interests, and showcasing ads for nearby businesses “liked” by friend connections. Among US SMBs, Facebook was the No. 1 online format where these businesses reported planning to place ads, with nearly three out of 10 expecting to do so. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- SMBs Who Link To Facebook Or Twitter From Their Homepage [CHART]
- SMBs’ Social Media Channels, March 2012 [CHART]
- Changes In SMBs’ Ad Spending Tactics For 2013 [TABLE]
- Local SEOs’ Views On Social Media, May 2013 [CHART]
- Local Digital Marketing Tactics, September 2012 [CHART]