Facebook is presently seen as the key social platform; 95% of luxury marketers said they were actively engaging customers there. Twitter was the next most popular platform, followed by relative newcomer Pinterest.
The power of social is considerable. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube were all more popular places to engage consumers than ecommerce sites, which have a more direct connection to online luxury brands. That being said, more than half of respondents were reaching out through those channels as well. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Desktop vs. Mobile Content Sharing Channels, June 2013 [TABLE]
- Social Media Tools & Features Used By US Omnichannel Retailers, Q1 2014 [CHART]
- Retail Brand Social Adoption By Channel, January 2014 [CHART]
- Agency Attitudes Toward Social Media As New Business Tool, June 2013 [CHART]
- Social Media Sites Used To Distribute B2C Content, 2012 & 2013 [TABLE]