Facebook is presently seen as the key social platform; 95% of luxury marketers said they were actively engaging customers there. Twitter was the next most popular platform, followed by relative newcomer Pinterest.
The power of social is considerable. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube were all more popular places to engage consumers than ecommerce sites, which have a more direct connection to online luxury brands. That being said, more than half of respondents were reaching out through those channels as well. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Sites Whose Recommendations Have Influenced Female Social Media Users To Purchase, February 2012 [CHART]
- Pinterest vs Facebook Shopper Engagement, October 2012 [CHART]
- Online Channels That Prompt Television Viewership By Generation, September 2012 [CHART]
- Social Network Adoption By World’s Top 100 Brands By Site, November 2012 vs February 2013 [CHART]
- Time Spent On Social Media By Site, December 2012 [CHART]