For viewers who can’t wait to talk about the latest episode of their favorite TV show, social networks are not displacing the water cooler as much as providing a digital analogue. According to a September 2012 survey of US internet users conducted by Nielsen for the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM), people still most often talked about TV shows while in the same room, face to face or over the phone. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Favorite Communication Methods Among American Teen’s Friends [CHART]
- Favorite Ways Teens Communicate With Friends [CHART]
- YOY Change In Broadcast Primetime TV Viewership [CHART]
- Most Socially-Engaging TV Genres, January-November 2012 [CHART]
- College Student Access To Select Media By Channel, January 2013 [CHART]