Mobile has a significant role to play in local SMBs’ efforts, offering real-time access to users out running errands or looking for a nearby restaurant. Three-quarters of SMBs reported familiarity with the channel in 2012, up from only 40% in 2011. Coupons, text messages and creating mobile-optimized sites were among the primary tactics SMBs reported using on mobile.
There also appears to be opportunity for mobile vendors to reach out to more SMBs. More than four out of 10 respondents reported to Borrell Associates that they had never been pitched by a mobile vendor about mobile advertising.
Of those who have used mobile advertising, a solid 83% said they were at least somewhat likely to use it again in 2013. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- SMBs Spending On Mobile Media In The Next Year [CHART]
- Likelihood SMBs Will Use Mobile Marketing, September 2012 [CHART]
- Local Digital vs Total Ad Spending, 2012 & 2013 [TABLE]
- SMB Changes In Mobile Media Spending, September 2012 [CHART]
- SMB Local Advertising Spending By Medium, 2012 vs 2013 [CHART]