A new study from ExactTarget has identified the various ways in which consumers and marketers disconnect in terms of their channel preferences and behavior. The study also reveals that consumers and marketers disagree on where companies should invest more of their marketing time and resources to improve customer loyalty. For example, consumers were 27% more likely to say their favorite companies should invest more in email (33% vs. 26%), but 44% less likely to say they want more content about products (14% vs. 25%). Consumers were also far less likely to say they would want their favorite companies to invest more in content about related topics (6% vs. 23%). So for all the buzz about content marketing, it may be an area that inspires more excitement from marketers than consumers.
Similarly, while mobile optimization may be a hot digital topic, marketers were more than 3 times as likely as consumers to say that favorite companies should invest more in smartphone applications (23% vs. 7%). Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- B2C vs B2B Content Marketing, October 2013 [TABLE]
- Marketers’ Single Most Exciting Opportunity For 2014 [CHART]
- Native Advertising & Content Creation Spending Plans, September 2013 [CHART]
- Marketers’ Proficiency, September 2013 [CHART]
- How People Respond To Ads On Their Smart Phones [CHART]