47% of Americans agree that they follow or engage with at least one brand on a social networking site, according to survey results from Ipsos Open Thinking Exchange, putting the US slightly above the 24-country average (44%) in brand engagement. Within the US, women are 21% more likely than men to say they engage with brands on social networks, and 18-34-year-olds are more than twice as likely as those 50 and up to do so (63% vs. 29%). Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- US Social Network Brand Page Visitors By Demographic, January 2013 [CHART]
- Americans Who Post Content To Brand Social Media Sites By Demographic, February 2013 [CHART]
- Americans Keeping Informed About Brands via Social By Demographics, February 2013 [CHART]
- Mommy Brand Fan Behavior [CHART]
- Daily Time Spent Social Networking By Demographic, January 2013 [CHART]