Retail trends and the latest research leads eMarketer to believe that 72 million people in the US will make a purchase through a mobile device in 2013, a figure that will increase nearly 65%, to 119 million, in 2016. The growth of the mobile buyer community will be fueled in greatest measure by the expanding number of tablet users who are more prone to buying. Still, the number of consumers making purchases on a smartphone is expected to increase by double-digit levels for the next three years and contribute significantly to the overall expansion of the mobile buyer population. Read the rest at eMarketer.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Mobile Behavior Of American Smart Phone Users, December 2012 [TABLE]
- US Smart Phone Penetration By Race [CHART]
- Tablet Users & Penetration In US, 2010-2015 [CHART]
- Western European Internet Use, 2011-2016 [CHART]
- Average Monthly mCommerce Spending Among IYP Mobile App Users, December 2012 [CHART]