A new study from ExactTarget explores the ways in which marketers and online consumers (both smartphone and non-smartphone owners) differ in their channel usage and behavior, finding some significant gaps that might affect how they relate to consumers. For example, 93% of marketers surveyed have made a purchase as a direct result of an email marketing message, compared to 56% of smartphone-owning consumers and 42% of consumers without a smartphone. In fact, marketers were more likely than each consumer group to have made a purchase as a direct result of a marketing message on Facebook, Twitter, a daily deal site, and direct mail. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Influence Of Promotional Messages On Mobile Users [CHART]
- How People Respond To Ads On Their Smart Phones [CHART]
- Average Monthly mCommerce Spending Among IYP Mobile App Users, December 2012 [CHART]
- Top 3 Activities Moving From Desktop To Mobile, February 2013 [TABLE]
- Marketing Investment Opinions: Consumers vs. Marketers, January 2013 [CHART]