SMBs will devote 26.6% of their local ad budgets to newspapers (18.6%) and other print media (8%) this year, finds Borrell Associates, based on a survey of 1,756 SMBs in December 2012. That’s a slightly bigger piece of the pie than the 25.4% allocated to online ad spend. But, the gap has narrowed significantly from last year, when SMBs estimated spending 28.9% of their budgets on print media, compared to 21% on online ads.
Local newspapers and digital were the most common SMB ad buys last year, according to separate results from the report. 64% of respondents reported having purchased ads in local newspapers, slightly ahead of the proportion who had bought online ads (excluding mobile – 62%). Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- SMB Media Ad Buys, January 2013 [CHART]
- Local Ad Sales Forecast For 2013 [CHART]
- Advertising Efficacy By Media, April 2013 [TABLE]
- Incidence Of Local Search Among Purchasers, October 2012 [CHART]
- Changes In SMBs’ Ad Spending Tactics For 2013 [TABLE]