Americans watched 11.3 billion video ads in December, setting a new peak, and a sharp 10% rise from November’s 10.3 billion, according to comScore data. The 11.3 billion video ad views in December is twice as many as in January 2012, and represents 59% year-over-year growth. Video ads accounted for 22.6% of all videos viewed in December, and 1.9% of time spent viewing video online.
The comScore figures reveal that 84.9% of online Americans watched online video in December, down slightly from 85.5% in November, while online video ads reached 53% of the online population, unchanged from the prior month. However, online video ads reached those viewers an average of 70 times in December, up markedly from 60 times in November. Read the rest at MarketingCharts.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Online Video Ad Views, January – November 2012 [CHART]
- Online Video Ad Views, December 2011 – March 2013 [CHART]
- Online Video Ad Views, January-August 2012 [CHART]
- Online Video Ad Views, December 2011 – January 2013 [CHART]
- Online Video Ad Views, January – September 2012 [CHART]